Monday 5 September 2011

Quilting project numero uno

So a while ago I began a patchworking project to make a quilt/throw to cover up our budget cream ikea sofa in the living room, which I successfully spilt purple nail polish on within the first fortnight of getting it...

It has so far been one of my longest projects (much to Jim's despair), as it took me a while to decide which colours to go for, collect the fabric, cut it into squares, pin them together etc etc, but now it has taken on a patchwork sheet-resemblance and this weekend I was down the final decision...

POLYESTER WADDING OR ECO-FRIENDLY BAMBOO WADDING?

I spent about half an hour in Fabrics Galore below on Wandsworth Road - one of my favourite places to spend a Saturday morning, or afternoon, or whole day in fact! - trying to decide between the two waddings, and it was pretty much one of the hardest decisions ever. In my heart I wanted to go for the bamboo as it is much more environmentally friendly, however, it was about five times the price of the polyester. I was also told that the polyester is completely washable, and that made up my mind. Fickle I know, but polyester wadding it is.

Fabrics Galore, 54 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London SW11 5RH

I have the wadding rolled up at home and some time this week it will convert the patchwork sheet I have constructed into a fully fledged, squdgy quilt, with a squiggly pattern sewn on and all.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment