Sunday 19 February 2012

Spring tins

 

Spring is just around the corner people! I appreciated yesterday morning immensely when I was able to pop to the post office in just a chunky cardigan, after weeks of wrapping up in a ski jacket and several scarves and hats. Admittedly, I was slightly on the chilly side, but it still felt like the weather has improved enough to get back ouside and enjoy it, rather than constantly shivering my way through London!


I bought my first bunch of daffodils of the year to celebrate and then set about fiding an interesting way to display them. I remembered I had a stash of tins gathered from one meal down at my parents' house (I think it was sausage casserole, so kidney bean and chopped tomato tins galore!) and this seemed like the start of a cheap and easy little project...

All I used was:

Tin cans - saved from the recyclig bin
Farrow and ball - No 75 Ball Green
Acrylic paints
Brushes

Method:
Paint away to your heart's content!




They can even be re-used once the daffodils are past their best, as pen pots, storage for candles, anything you can think of!

No comments:

Post a Comment