Tuesday 27 March 2012

Parisian pastry

As I am off to Paris in less than 36 hours (aahh!!) I thought it would be fitting to practice my pastry-eating skills beforehand (although I know they're excellent).


I rustled up this very easy and very tasty pudding using:
  • 1/2 pack readymade puff pastry (or however much fits in your baking tray) rolled out to 1/2 cm thick, placed in a baking tray and with approx 2cm of each edge folded over
  • 1 tin of apricot halves in juice and
  • a couple of tablespoons of frozen berries laid in rows straight onto the rolled out pastry
  • 1 egg lightly whisked and brushed onto the pastry edges
 

Place your fruit-covered pastry in an oven pre-heated to 180 degrees centigrade and cook for roughly 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden:


Serve warm with a spoonful of creme fraiche. Bon appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment